TTU Baseball vs Baylor

Senior Cameron Warren hitting the ball. Texas Tech Red Raiders won the game against Baylor by scoring a third run in the ninth inning leaving the score 3-2. The game began at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, April 19, 2019, at the Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park.

No. 18 Texas Tech baseball’s sophomore Dylan Neuse and senior Cameron Warren were two of 18 players added to the Bobby Bragan Collegiate Slugger Award Midseason Watch List on Monday. 

The watch list includes 48 players form 29 programs across the United States, according to a BBCSA press release. The players on the watch list are a few of the highest-performing batters in the country, leading the nation in offensive categories such as batting average, hits, runs scored and RBI.

“We have been blown away by the acceptance and partnership of the D1 baseball programs in Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas,” Executive Director Tracy Taylor said, according to the release. “It is truly a tribute to Bobby Bragan’s legacy that these type of young men are part of an award bearing his name.” 

This season, Neuse has posted a .326 batting average while racking up 43 hits, 44 runs scored, 36 RBIs and seven home runs, according to Tech Athletics. Neuse leads the Red Raiders with his runs scored. In the Big 12 conference, Neuse is tied for fourth with his RBI total and ranks tenth for his batting average and home run total this season.

Warren has a .324 batting average while earning 45 hits, 48 RBI, 33 runs scored and nine home runs this season, according to Tech Athletics. While his batting average places him 12th in the conference, Warren leads the conference with his RBI total and is tied for third in home runs.

With Neuse and Warren being added on to the midseason watch list, Tech now has three players competing for the award as junior Josh Jung was placed on the list in the preseason.

The finalists for the BBCSA will be announced in May and the ultimate winner of the award will be named in June and honored at a gala in the fall.