Texas Tech Men's Basketball vs. Iowa State

Sophomore guard Davide Moretti shoots against a defender during their game against Iowa State at 8 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2018, in the United Supermarkets Arena. With their first conference loss, the Red Raiders lost the sold out game with a final score of 64-68.

Texas Tech’s sophomore guard Davide Moretti has been selected the men's basketball Elite 90 winner for the NCAA Tournament. The award was announced at a basketball banquet on Thursday, April 7, in Minneapolis. 

The Elite 90 award acknowledges a student-athlete's success on and off the court throughout the season, according to a Tech Athletics news release. Moretti, who is majoring in human sciences, earned a 3.71 GPA this year along with showing talent on the court as well. 

The award is given to the student-athlete with the highest GPA at the finals level of each sport, according to the release.

Moretti is averaging 11.6 points and 2.5 assists per game, according to Tech Athletics. The sophomore from Bologna, Italy, is going into the Michigan State game making 22 of his 41 three-pointers and 31 of his 33 free throws.