Texas Tech Men's Tennis vs. Baylor

Redshirt Junior doubles player Bjorn Thomson celebrates during his doubles match at 3 p.m. on Sunday, April 14, 2019, at the McLeod Tennis Center.

The Texas Tech men’s tennis team will square off against UC Santa Barbara in Palo Alto, California, in the regional round of the NCAA Tournament on Friday.

Tech is one of six Big 12 teams to clinch a spot in the tournament this year. However, the Red Raiders will be the only Big 12 team in Palo Alto, according to Tech Athletics. 

No. 12 Stanford and Fresno State are in the same regional round as Tech. The winners of these Friday matches will face off on Saturday for a chance to advance to the third round, according to Tech Athletics. 

The last time Tech played UCSB was back in 2015 when the Red Raiders won, 4-2, to advance to the second round of the NCAA Tournament. 

Although Tech has seven players with postseason experience, none of them have been to the third round.  

“The guys have been practicing hard, but none of the players have advanced to the third round of play, so the team is hungry and ready to compete," head coach Brett Masi said, according to Tech Athletics.