Texas Tech Men's Tennis vs. Baylor

Junior doubles players Parker Wynn jumps to hit the ball during his doubles match at 3 p.m. on Sunday, April 14, 2019, at the McLeod Tennis Center.

The No. 18 Texas Tech men’s tennis team fell to No. 25 Oklahoma on Friday by a score of 4-0 in the first round of the Big 12 Championship. 

The Red Raiders lost the doubles point after they falling on courts one and two to the Sooners, according to Tech Athletics. 

No. 79 Parker Wynn lost the first set 6-1 before making a comeback to take the second set. He eventually lost in the third set to give the Sooners a 2-0 lead, according to Tech Athletics. 

No. 108 Tommy Mylnikov also lost the first set and won the second set before falling in the last set. 

Bjorn Thomson brought his match to a second-set tiebreaker after losing his first set, 6-1. It would not matter however, as the Sooners took the fourth and final point of the match, according to Tech Athletics. 

Tech will head back to Lubbock and wait for a decision from the selection committee on April 29 to learn about its postseason fate, according to Tech Athletics.