Texas Tech Mens Golf

Redshirt freshman Kyle Hogan chips the ball in the Red Raiders’ practice on Thursday, Feb. 9, 2017, at The Rawls Course. No. 13 Texas Tech will end its fall slate at the Tavistock Collegiate Invitational in Isleworth, Florida.

After cancellation of play due to rain on Friday, April 26, the Texas Tech mens’s golf team played the first two rounds of the Big 12 Championship on Saturday, April 27, in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. 

The Red Raiders carded a six-over for the first two rounds with scores of 284-282 – 566 team total, putting them in fifth place, according to Tech Athletics, with Oklahoma State in the lead with a score of 14-under. 

Tech’s Sandy Scott set the pace for the Red Raiders, leading the team with a score of one-under par after the first two rounds, putting him in eighth, according to Tech Athletics. 

Freshman Jansen Smith carded an even-par after the first two rounds and is in 15th place in the individual rankings. 

Ivan Ramirez carded a 71-73 for a 144-total, putting him in 28th place in the individual rankings after the first day of play. Meanwhile, Adam Bloome goes into the final round in 33rd place, shooting a 76-69 145 total. 

The Red Raiders will be paired with Baylor for the final round of play at 7 a.m. Sunday, April 27.