Texas Tech Mens Golf

A Texas Tech player on a green on the Rawls Course on Feb. 9, 2017.

The Texas Tech men’s golf team will travel to White Springs, West Virginia, for the 2019 Big 12 Men’s Golf Championship. The Red Raiders will play the first and second rounds of the tournament on Friday, April 26, followed by one round on Saturday, April 27, and the final 18 holes on Sunday, April 28. 

The Big 12 Tournament will be hosted by The Old White TPC, a par-70 course, totaling in 7,292 yards. The course has been the host of A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier, formerly The Greenbrier Classic, an annual PGA TOUR FedEx Cup Event since 2010, according to Tech Athletics. 

Competition begins on Friday with No. 1-seed Oklahoma State and No. 2 Texas teeing off at 7 a.m., while the Red Raiders and No. 3 Oklahoma will begin at 7:45 a.m., followed by No. 9 West Virginia and No. 10 Kansas State at 8:30 a.m.

Seeds one through four, along with nine and 10, will tee off on the first hole. On the 10th tee, No. 5 Baylor and No. 6 TCU will tee off at 7:22 a.m., while No. 7 Kansas will play alongside No. 8 Iowa State beginning at 8:07 a.m, according to Tech Athletics. 

"I think our preparation has been excellent and the hard work has been put in," head coach Greg Sands said, according to Tech Athletics, "but we need to continue that, because we know that the postseason is pretty long in the golf season."

The Red Raiders, who are coming off a win at the El Macero Classic, are the 4-seed in the tournament and will be represented by Sandy Scott, Ivan Ramirez, Kyle Hogan, Adam Blomme, Jansen Smith and Markus Braadlie. 

A junior from Scotland, Scott enters the tournament ranked at No. 15 individually and is one of 15 players remaining on the Haskins Award Watch List, according to Tech Athletics. He is coming off his first tournament win of the year at the El Macero Classic where he shot three-under.

He will head into the Big 12 Championship tournament with a 70.2 scoring average.

"He realizes that he's not going to get that much better skill wise, but he can still get a lot better with his mental game," Sands said, according to Tech Athletics. "That's something that has really helped him. His maturity level has really gone up, and his ability to accept bad shots has helped his demeanor."

Tech’s last Big 12 Championship showing in 2018 at Southern Hills in Tulsa, Oklahoma, had the team in seventh place, carding team scores of 295-289-294-293 – 1171 total.

The NCAA will announce its regional selections at 8 p.m. on May 1, then play on May 13-15. The NCAA Championship is scheduled for May 24-29 at the Blessings Golf Club in Fayetteville, Arkansas.