Winery

A rack of wine sits on display at the Llano Estacado Winery on Sept. 5, 2017. The winery has been in the Lubbock area for over 40 years. 

After the Texas Tech men’s basketball team’s win against Michigan State in the NCAA Final Four, the Lubbock Chamber of Commerce will now be receiving a gift basket from the Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce in Michigan.

According to a LCC news release, the LCC President and CEO Eddie McBride and LRCC President and CEO Tim Daman announced a challenge the night both teams made it to the Final Four. For the challenge, the losing team would have to send the winning team goods from a local brewery or winery.

The offer from the LRCC would include a gift basket from the Lansing Brewing Company, according to the news release. The LCC offered a gift of wine from the Llano Estacado Winery.

“I don’t mind offering up a basket of wine from the Llano Estacado Winery, because we haven’t run out of Red Raider magic yet,” McBride said.

Abel Castro, chairman of the LCC Board, said seeing supporters cheer on the Tech men’s basketball team was fantastic.

In addition to his experience in Minneapolis, Castro said he is proud of the men who played and left it all on the court. He said he has nothing but praise and good words for everyone involved in making the Tech men’s basketball team into what it is today.