Lady Raiders VS. Baylor Bears

Felicity Maltby, senior from Sunnyvale, California, waits for the opponent to serve during the match again the Baylor. The Lady Raiders won against the Bears, 5-2.

Texas Tech’s women's tennis senior Felicity Maltby has been named Big 12 Co-Player of the Week, the conference announced Tuesday, April 9. The nod is Maltby’s first weekly honor of the season. 

This past week, Maltby has led the No. 29 Lady Raiders to 2-0 in singles play and 1-1 in doubles play, according to a Tech Athletics news release. The Sunnyvale, California, native herself improved to 6-1 against league opponents in singles play. 

On Thursday, April 4, Maltby and freshman Nell Miller clinched Tech the doubles point with a 6-3 win, according to the release. In singles play, Maltby gave the Lady Raiders their third point with a 6-2, 6-1 win over Jessica Hijosa. 

On Sunday, April 7, Maltby came back after a first-set loss, winning 7-5, 6-4, 10-4 over Texas’ No, 17 Bianca Turati. The victory over Turati was the Lady Raiders' only point over the Longhorns, according to the release. 

Tech will have its last home stand this weekend, hosting No. 30 Oklahoma at 5 p.m. Friday and No. 11 Oklahoma State at noon Sunday. The match with Oklahoma State will be Senior Day for Lana Rush and Maltby, according to the release.