Lady Raiders VS. Baylor Bears

Felicity Maltby, senior from Sunnyvale, California, waits for the opponent to serve during the match again the Baylor. The Lady Raiders won against the Bears, 5-2.

Texas Tech’s women's tennis team’s No. 21 senior Felicity Maltby finished her NCAA run with a 6-3, 7-5, 6-3 loss to North Carolina’s No. 46 Cameron Morra on Thursday, May 23.

After losing the first set, 6-3, Maltby came back to win the second set,7-5, according to a Tech Athletics news release. The senior lost her third set, 6-3, ending her season with a 22-9 record and a career record of 92-32.

Maltby became the first Lady Raider in school history to advance to the quarterfinals and the second player to advance to Round 16 and earn ITA honors, according to the release.

Tech’s head coach Todd Petty said he has pride for how hard Maltby played, according to the release. Maltby represented Tech well and she ended her collegiate career working hard, Petty said. 

“Felicity played great tennis in the most stressful situation a college player can be in. I couldn’t be more proud of the way she represented Texas Tech today,” Petty said, according to the release. “She ended her career playing her best tennis and that’s all I could ask for.”