Lady Raider Tennis vs Oklahoma

Senior doubles player Felicity Maltby hits the ball across the court during her doubles match at 3:30 p.m. on Friday, April 12, 2019 at the McLeod Tennis Center. The Lady Raiders defeated the Sooners, 5-2.

Texas Tech Women’s tennis’ senior Felicity Maltby became the second singles player in school history to make it to Sweet Sixteen at the NCAA Singles Championship on Tuesday.

“No player deserves this more than Felicity,” head coach Todd Petty said, according to a Tech Athletics news release. “She has given her heart and soul to this program and I am so excited to see her get to be an All-American.”

Maltby made her way to the Round of 16 after she defeated the University of Nevada, Las Vegas’ Aiwen Zhu in two sets, 6-4, 7-6(2), according to the release. Maltby is the second player in school history to garnish back-to-back ITA All-American honors and the third honor for the program.

“This run isn’t over yet and she is really hungry to keep improving,” Petty said, according to the release. “Felicity is one of the greatest to wear the Double T.”

As she advanced to the Round of 16 at the NCAA Singles Championship, Maltby will play Hawaii’s Petra Melounova on Wednesday. The start time will be announced after all of Wednesday’s matches have concluded.