Women's Basketball Texas Tech vs. Kansas State

Senior Forward Zuri Sanders passes the ball to a teammate against Kansas State at 5 p.m. on Jan. 19, 2019 in the United Supermarkets Arena. The Lady Raiders fell to the Wildcats 66-62.

The Texas Tech women’s basketball team is set to play Ole Miss in the Big 12 and SEC bracket challenge as the lineup was released on Monday.

"We are looking forward to welcoming this elite matchup for the Big 12/SEC challenge," head coach Marlene Stollings said, according to a Tech Athletics news release. "We greatly anticipate our fans filling United Supermarkets Arena in support of our program for this key non-conference game."

Ole Miss will head to Lubbock to play the Lady Raiders at the United Supermarkets Arena on Dec. 4, but the time and TV channel have yet to be announced, according to the release.

The challenge started in 2014, before moving to a 10-team format in 2016, according to the release. All of the teams in the Big 12 will participate in the challenge while just 10 of the SEC schools will matchup against their out-of-conference rivals. The challenge gave each conference five home games and in the last two seasons, the conferences split the challenge, going 5-5.

Tech and Ole Miss will join Baylor and Georgia on Dec. 4 to play the first games of the challenge, according to the release. Iowa State and Alabama will follow on Dec. 5, as almost half of the games will be played on Dec. 7. Kansas State will play Arkansas, LSU will face off against Oklahoma, Oklahoma State will take on Texas A&M and Auburn will compete against TCU on the Saturday. The final three games of the challenge will be played on Dec. 8 as Florida will play Kansas, Texas will take on Tennessee and West Virginia will compete against Mississippi State.

Fans looking for season tickets for the 2019-20 women’s basketball season can purchase them via Tech or at the Tech Athletics Ticket Office on the East Side of Jones AT&T Stadium. Fans can also purchase their season tickets by calling (806) 742-8324.