Lady Raiders VS. West Virginia

Freshman guard Chrislyn Carr shoots from a distance and scores during the game against West Virginia at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2019, in the United Supermarkets Arena. The Lady Raiders lost against the Mountaineers with a score of 75-72.

The Texas Tech women’s basketball team is set to take on No. 20 Iowa State at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 26, in the United Supermarkets Arena. 

This matchup marks the 36th time the two schools will face off and the 31st time in Big 12 play, according to a Tech Athletics news release. Tech trails the series, 21-14, but lead the Cyclones in Lubbock, 10-5. 

Tech will be looking to redeem itself after the first time the Lady Raiders and Cyclones faced off, which was earlier this season when Tech fell, 105-66, in Ames, Iowa. 

The Cyclones will enter this matchup coming off a 73-60 loss to No. 1 Baylor on Saturday. This loss brings their record to 20-7 overall and 10-5 in the Big 12, according to the release. 

Tech head coach Marlene Stollings said Iowa States biggest threat in this matchup is threes. Three point shooters have the ability to cut the lead down by half within a short period of time. 

“The biggest thing with three point shooters is you’re never out of the game," Stollings said. "You can be down 20 and you have three point shooters and you can get it into a 10-point game in a matter of seconds, under a minute, and I think that’s what makes them so explosive."

Cyclone senior guard Bridget Carleton leads Iowa State in scoring. She currently has 1,970 points, only 179 points away from being the all-time scoring leader, according to the release. Carleton is No. 6 on the ISU single-season scoring list. 

Carleton also ranks third in Cyclone history in free-throw percentage, with 85.1 percent from the charity stripe, according to the release. She was named All-Big 12 first team along with Honorable Mention All-American by the Associated Press in 2018. 

Sophomore center Kristin Scott is making her mark with the Cyclones as she comes in the No. 5 spot in the Big 12 in scoring with an average of 16.1 per game and sixth in rebounding with 7.7 a game, according to the release. 

Scott ranks nationally in three categories — points per play with 1.32, effective field-goal percentage with 69.6 percent and points per scoring attempt with 1.43, according to the release. 

The Lady Raiders are coming off a tough 81-57 loss against No. 19 Texas, moving their overall record to 12-14 and 3-11 in Big 12 play. 

Junior forward Brittany Brewer is one to be on the lookout for during the matchup for the Lady Raiders as she sits in third place in the Big 12 in rebounding with an average of nine a game, according to the release. Brewer is also ranked in the No. 6 spot in scoring with 16.0. 

Senior forward Zuri Sanders is another Lady Raider to watch against the Cyclones as she leads the Big 12 in rebounding with an average of 10.6 a game, according to the release. 

Sanders posted her fifth double-double of the season and eight of her career against Kansas State when she recorded 16 rebounds and a career high 21 points, according to the release. She also hit a career high of 20 rebounds, becoming the first Lady Raider in 28 years to hit 20+ rebounds in a single game. 

The Lady Raiders will continue action against the Kansas State Wildcats at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 2, in Manhattan, Kansas for their final road game of the season.