Texas Tech Lady Raiders VS. TCU

Senior forward Zuri Sanders passes the ball during the game against Texas Christian University at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2019, in the United Supermarkets Arena. The Lady Red Raiders were defeated by the Horned Frogs with a score of 70-63.

The Texas Tech women’s basketball team is set to host the Oklahoma Sooners at 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 5, in its last conference game of the season. Tech will honor lone senior Zuri Sanders prior to tipoff. 

The Lady Raiders enter the matchup coming off of their third consecutive loss after falling to Kansas State, 75-67, on Saturday. This moved their record to 12-16 for the season and 3-14 in the Big 12. 

Tech coach Marlene Stollings said although she has only coached her for a season, she knows Sanders has been a leader on the court verbally since the day she stepped into the gym. 

“When you look at someone like Zuri, we feel like we’ve had her more than just the eight months or so that we have been here,” Stollings said. 

Sanders will be celebrated before tipoff at Tuesday’s game as it is Senior Night. She recorded her sixth double-double of the season against Kansas State when she hit 15 points and 12 rebounds, according to the release. 

Sanders also became the first Lady Raider to hit 20+ rebounds in a single game in 28 years after she racked up 20 rebounds against Southern earlier this season, according to Tech Athletics. She is the ninth player in program history to have 20+ boards in a single game. 

The senior averages 10.7 rebounds per game, leading the Big 12 along with an average of 4.8 offensive boards putting her in first place in the conference, according to the release. 

Freshman guard Chrisyln Carr is a standout among the Lady Raiders as she has racked up four Big 12 weekly honors and a USBWA National Freshman of the Week award, according to Tech Athletics. 

Carr averages 17.5 points a game, putting her in the No. 4 spot in the conference. She has put up 19+ points in half of the Big 12 games she has competed in, according to the release. She also hit her 24th double digit game of the season against Iowa State when she contributed 16 points. 

Oklahoma enters the matchup coming off of a loss to TCU, 76-63, on Saturday, according to Tech Athletics. 

Carr will be facing off against freshman Taylor Robertson who leads the Big 12 in three-point field goal percentage with a .454 percent, according to the release. Robertson also averages 3.32 threes a game. 

Robertson leads all major conference freshman with 93 3-pointers this season and is currently two threes away from breaking a program record, according to the release. 

Sophomore guard Ana Llanusa has led the Sooners in eight of their last nine games, averaging 25.1 points, according to the release. She became the first sophomore to put up that many points in a game after hitting 26 points and 14 rebounds against OSU earlier this season. 

Llanusa is ranked third in the Big 12 in scoring, right above Carr, with an average 18.6 points per game, according to the release. 

Tech will continue action in Oklahoma City for the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship where they will face off with either Oklahoma or Oklahoma State on Friday, March 8.