Women's Basketball Texas Tech vs. Kansas State

Freshman Guard Chrislyn Carr shoots a 3 pointer against Kansas State at 5 p.m. on Jan. 19, 2019 in the United Supermarkets Arena. The Lady Raiders fall to the Wildcats 66-62.

The Texas Tech women’s basketball team is set to face off against Kansas State at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 2, for the team's last road game of conference play. 

This will mark the 38th matchup between the Lady Raiders and Wildcats, with Kansas State leading the series, 21-13, according to a Tech Athletics news release. The Wildcats have won the last seven games, including earlier this season when they defeated Tech, 66-62. 

The Lady Raiders enter the weekend matchup coming off of a last minute, 64-62, loss against No. 20 Iowa State. Tech will be looking to add its fourth Big 12 win to the season before postseason play, according to the release. 

Sophomore guard Sydney Goodson came off the bench early in the season to earn a starting position and has proved herself on the court throughout the season. 

Goodson has hit double digits in seven of the last nine games she has competed in, according to Tech Athletics, including the game against Iowa State, where she hit a career high of 19 points. 

Earlier in the season, against Big 12 opponent West Virginia, Goodson hit five 3-pointers and four steals, marking two more career highs for the young guard, according to the release. She sits in third place for the Lady Raiders as she averages 10.4 points. 

The lone freshman on the team, guard Chrislyn Carr, is another outstanding player for the Lady Raiders and a forced to be reckon with as she has racked up four Big 12 weekly honors and was awarded USWBA National Freshman of the Week earlier this season, according to Tech Athletics. 

Carr has put up 19+ points in half of the Lady Raiders' Big 12 games so far this season and hit her 24th double-digit point game against Iowa State when she put 16 points on the board, according to the release. 

Kansas State will enter the matchup against the Lady Raiders coming off of a 90-79 win against West Virginia, according to the release. 

Wildcat coach Jeff Mittie, is only three wins away from his 100th win at the head of the Kansas State program, according to the release. He currently ranks fourth in Wildcat history. 

Mittie hit his 550th win this season when the Wildcats took down the TCU Horned Frogs, 75-72, in February. Sitting in second, Mittie has led his team to four post-season appearances, according to the release. 

Kansas State’s Peyton Williams and Kayla Goth have combined for an average of 28.3 points per game so far this season, according to the release. These two Wildcats have been responsible for almost have of the points put up by Kansas State. 

Williams and Goth together put 50 points against West Virginia in February and have both scored in the double-digits in the same 17 games so far this season, according to the release. 

The Lady Raiders will return home to host Oklahoma at 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 5 This game marks the last game of conference play as well as Senior Night, where the Lady Raiders will be celebrating lone senior Zuri Sanders.