Texas Tech vs Baylor

Before the start of the game, pink streamers were unrolled from the catwalk to symbolize the pink-themed Lady Raiders' game on Saturday, Feb. 13, in the United Supermarkets Arena.

The Texas Tech women’s basketball team is set to host Oklahoma State University for its annual Play4Kay Game at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, in the United Supermarkets Arena. The game will be aired on FOX Sports Southwest.

Tech has hosted the Play4Kay game since 2007 when they Kay Yow Cancer Fund was created, according to a Tech Athletics news release. The Kay Yow Cancer Fund has given $7.53 million to scientific research and projects driven towards under-served cancers affecting women.

Yow was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1987 and died on Jan. 24, 2009, according to the release.

Yow was an Olympic gold-medal winning and Naismith Hall of Fame coach who coached for North Carolina State University women’s basketball team from 1975-2009.

The Tech men’s and momen’s basketball programs have committed to the Play4Kay National Free Throw Challenge, according to the release. Fans have the ability to pledge a donation per free throw that their team makes throughout the most of February at https://pledgeit.org/texastech-play4kay.

Tech coach Marlene Stollings was chosen as one of the 25 coaches in the league to wear a pair of customized Play4Kay Pink shoes during Saturday’s matchup. After the matchup, Stollings and the Lady Raiders will auction the shoes off and all proceeds will be given to the Kay Yow Cancer Fund, according to the release. Bids can be placed online at https://texastech.com/auctions/.

“It’s a great cause, you know the Kay Yow foundation was so giving that they had a pair painted for me to wear tomorrow and you know they did that for about 25 other programs in the country and we’re going to auction them off and give the money back to the Kay Yow foundation so it’s for a great cause,” Stollings said.

Fans are encouraged to wear something pink to the matchup and those that do can buy $5 tickets at the door. The first 1,000 fans to enter the arena will get a pink t-shirt and pom poms, according to the release.

The Lady Raiders will be facing off against Oklahoma State University for the second time this season, according to the release. Tech is coming off of a hard loss against the Texas Christian University Horned Frogs, 70-63, on Wednesday.

Freshman guard Chrislyn Carr is one Lady Raiders to be on the lookout for as she sits 3rd in the Big 12 in points. Carr averages 18.6 per game making her the top freshman in the Big 12 and nationally, according to the release.

Sophomore guard Sydney Goodson has stepped up for the Lady Raider after finding her spot in the starting lineup after only a few games. Goodson averages 10.3 points per game, putting her at 3rd for the team, according to the release.

Goodson is ranked 7th in the Big 12 with a 37.9 percent shooting average, according to the release. She hit her career high of 19 points against No. 22 ranked Iowa State when she also tied her career high in three-pointers with four made against the Cyclones.

Oklahoma State enters the match-up coming off of a big win against the University of Oklahoma on Wednesday, 84-74. This advances the team's record to 13-8 overall and 4-6 in the Big 12, according to the release.

Vivian Gray is tied for first in the league for having 11 20+ points games this season, according to the release. Gray averages 19.2 points per game and is ranked sixth for blocked shots, which she averages 1.4 per game.

This is the 65th match-up between these two teams and second for the season. Although the Cowgirls won the last match-up, 65-57, Tech leads the all-time series 33-30.