Lady Raider Tennis vs Oklahoma

Freshman doubles player Kennedy Bridgforth hits the ball back during her doubles match at 3:30 p.m. on Friday, April 12, 2019 at the McLeod Tennis Center. The Lady Raiders defeat the Sooners, 5-2.

The Texas Tech women’s tennis team finished its first day at the Thunderbird Invitational on Friday in Tempe, Arizona. 

Sophomore Isa Di Laura paired up with Arizona State’s Savannah Slaysman for doubles play, according to a Tech Athletics news release. The duo picked up a 6-4 win against Mississippi State’s Magda Adaloglou and Valeria Nikolaev.

Freshman Lisa Mays and sophomore Nell Miller lost to Arizona State’s Ilze Hattingh and Sammi Hampton, 6-3, according to the release. Senior Reagan Collins and sophomore Kennedy Bridgforth lost, 6-4, to Mississippi State’s Emma Antonaki and Meredith Roberts.

In singles, Miller lost to No. 115 Magda Adaloglou 6-4, 6-3, according to the release. Bridgforth, Collins and Di Laura also fell to their opponents.

The team will start singles play at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday against Notre Dame with doubles to follow at noon against Michigan.