Lady Raiders: Naje Murray, Vivian Gray, Lexi Gordon and Alexis Tucker

The Texas Tech women’s basketball team travelled to Stillwater, Oklahoma, to take on the 6-2 (2-0 in Big 12) Oklahoma State women’s squad. This matchup was the 47th meeting between the two rival Big 12 schools with Oklahoma State leading the series 35-31.

The Cowgirls took over in every facet of the game from the start of the game and handed Tech their third loss of the season with a final score of 75-48.

The Lady Raiders moved to 6-3 overall with a conference record of 1-2 (6th in the Big 12) while Oklahoma State extended their overall record to 7-2 and a conference standing of 3-0 (T-1st in the Big 12 with Baylor).

Offensively, Tech shot 19-65 (29.2 percent) from the field and 8-19 (42.1 percent) from three compared to Oklahoma State’s 28-72 (38.9 percent) from the field and 8-18 (44.4 percent) from three-point range.

The Lady Raiders out-rebounded the Cowgirls 48-47 tallying a total of 18 offensive rebounds and 30 defensive rebounds compared to their counterparts’ 18 offensive rebounds and 29 defensive rebounds. Both teams dished out a total of 11 assists.

The turnover totals would ultimately lead to Tech's demise as they would give the ball up a total of 21 times while OSU only turned the ball over 6 times.

Senior forward Vivian Gray led the way for the Lady Raiders recording a double-double with a packed stat-line of 12 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 3 blocks.

Senior guard Lexi Gordon matched Gray’s point total with 12, shooting 4-20 from the field. Oklahoma State’s Ja’Mee Asberry had a game-high 28 points to go along with 2 rebounds and 1 assist shooting 11-17 from the field and a perfect 6-6 from the three-point line.  

The Lady Raiders will head to Norman, Oklahoma, this upcoming Wednesday, Jan. 6 to take on the Sooners. The game will air on ESPN+ and can be streamed via ‘gamecast’ on the ESPN application or website.