Women's Basketball Texas Tech vs. Kansas State

Freshman guard Chrislyn Carr weaves between Kansas State defenders at 5 p.m. on Jan. 19, 2019, in the United Supermarkets Arena. The Lady Raiders fell to the Wildcats 66-62.

The Texas Tech women’s basketball team dropped one against Kansas State, 75-67, to close out the series against the Wildcats.

The loss moves the Lady Raiders record to 12-16 on the season and 3-14 in conference play.

Tech started off the first quarter slow as it fell behind, but a three from sophomore guard Sydney Goodson and another two from junior forward Kiara Shoals helped the Lady Raiders find their momentum as they went on a 14-6 run, according to Tech Athletics release.

After back-to-back free throws from junior center Erin DeGrate, the Lady Raiders pulled ahead and took their first lead of the night, according to the release. Kansas State came out in the second on fire as it pulled back ahead by 11 points.

Tech followed up the 11 points from K-State with an unanswered 15 to take the lead back, 36-32, with only minutes left in the half. Wildcat Rachel Runke nailed a three at the buzzer to give Kansas State the lead back in the last minute, according to the release.

Coming out at the half, the Lady Raiders and the Wildcats went back and forth down the court, going point-for-point, according to the release. Kansas State shot 64 percent from the field and 66 percent from the three, holding Tech to only 33 percent from the field.

In the final quarter of the game, the Lady Raiders tried to claw their way back to the top but fell short and took another loss.

Junior forward Brittany Brewer led the Lady Raiders in this matchup, with 20 points on the board and three rebounds, fellow teammate senior forward Zuri Sanders finished closely behind Brewer with 15 points and a team leading 12 rebounds, according to the release.

DeGrate and Goodson tied for third for the night with the Lady Raiders with 10 points each on the board, according to the release. DeGrate also racked up five rebounds as Goodson had three.

For Kansas State, all five starters put up double digits, according to the release. Peyton Williams led the team with 24 points on the board and 15 rebounds, while Kali Jones and Rachel Ranke both had 11 points each.

The Lady Raiders will continue action at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, March 5, where they will take on Oklahoma for Senior Night. Texas Tech will honor lone senior, Zuri Sanders prior to tipoff.