Texas Tech vs. TCU Volleyball

Freshman outside/right side hitter Brooke Kanas jumps to spike the ball during the Big 12 game against TCU at The United Supermarkets Arena on Saturday, October 27, 2018. The Red Raiders won 3-0.

Texas Tech volleyball’s sophomore Brooke Kanas will travel to Anaheim, Calif. to train after she earned a spot on the U.S. Collegiate National Team in April.

"I am so excited and grateful for this opportunity to learn new things from these coaches and other players," Kanas said, according to a Tech Athletics news release. "I hope to learn some new techniques and get great input on how to better my play. I know it's going to be such a fun experience!"

Training will be from June 23-29 at the American Sports Centers, according to the release. The centers are located in the official host city for both the U.S. Women’s and Men’s National Volleyball team, Anaheim. A Red-Blue scrimmage will be played for the public at 7 p.m. on June 28 at Irvine Valley College in Irvine, Calif.

"I know Brooke is excited to make the trip to California and train alongside some of the best players in college volleyball," Texas Tech head coach Tony Graystone said, according to the release. "We are all very proud of Brooke and are thrilled for her to represent Red Raider volleyball. Brooke made such a big splash as a freshman last season and this is the next step for her as she continues to improve her game and develop."

Kanas is the youngest of four Red Raiders to compete on the national team, according to the release. The other three Red Raiders to compete included Reyn Akiu (junior, 2017), Rachel Brummit (senior, 2014) and Breeann David (senior, 2014).

The coaches and technical coordinator that will train Kanas and the Collegiate National Team are from various colleges across the nation, according to the release.

"CNT-Anaheim team is a wonderful opportunity for these athletes," coach Dan Fisher (University of Pittsburgh) said, according to the release. "For many of them it will be their first time representing the USA, getting a first look at international volleyball. Additionally, it will coincide with other national team training blocks in Anaheim giving both players and coaches a great chance to learn from the best. I am really looking forward to this training block and working again with Team USA."