Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma State game 3

Junior infielder Josh Jung hits his first home run of the night in the bottom of the fourth inning to give Tech another insurance run and stretch the lead to two. Texas Tech defeated Oklahoma State in game three of the Super Regionals at Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park, 8-6.

The Bobby Bragan Collegiate Slugger Award (BBCSA) was awarded to Texas Tech baseball’s junior Josh Jung on Wednesday.

“I am humbled and honored to be selected as the Bobby Bragan Collegiate Slugger Award recipient for 2019,” Jung said, according to a Tech Athletics news release. “I am proud to be recognized as a student-athlete and would like to congratulate the other finalists, who were equally deserving. This award is special because it rewards not only the athlete, but includes high academic standards and personal integrity.”

Jung joined Hunter Hargrove (2017) as the only two Red Raiders to receive the prestigious award, according to the release. The BBCSA is based on performance at the plate, academics and personal integrity of baseball student-athletes from Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana and New Mexico.

The BBCSA is Jung’s fourth accolade received this season as he was named the Big 12 Co-Player of the Year and a second-team All-American by both Baseball America and Collegiate Baseball Newspaper. Jung was picked to receive the BBCSA over his teammate, senior Cameron Warren, as well as Tulane’s Kody Hoese and New Mexico State’s Nick Gonzales.

Jung helped the Red Raiders clinch a spot in the College World Series after hitting two home runs in the winner-take-all game against Oklahoma State in the Super Regionals, according to the release.

With the two home runs in game three, Jung hit three home runs in the NCAA Lubbock Super Regional, according to the release. This season, Jung has earned a .342 batting average, 56 RBI, and 14 dingers. He also earned a team-leading 22 doubles and 52 walks, putting him on base .476 percent of the time.

On the defensive end, the Red Raiders moved Jung from third base to shortstop in the middle of the season, according to the release. Since the position change, the Red Raiders posted a 22-7 record while Jung has only made two errors.

Jung will join the Tech baseball team will start their time in Omaha off with a game against Michigan at 1 p.m. for their first game in the 2019 College World Series. The game will be aired nationally on ESPN.

RogerLewis

is basically designed for cutting grass and effectively discharging the clippings out from the deck to fall onto the lawn, or to be captured in a grass collection system. beyblarle burst codes