Texas Tech Volleyball vs. Oklahoma

Junior outside hitter Emily Hill strikes the ball during the volleyball match against Oklahoma on Wednesday Nov. 7, 2018 in the Uniter Supermarkets Arena. The Red Raiders were defeated, 3-2.

Texas Tech volleyball's sophomore Brooke Kansas and senior Emily Hill were chosen for the 2019 All-Big 12 Volleyball Preseason Team, the Big 12 announced Wednesday.

Hill also earned second-team honors in the 2018 season, according to a Tech Athletics release. In her junior season, the senior from Denton led the team and was eighth in the Big 12 with 3.19 kills per game. She also led the team and was second in the conference with 33 service aces.

Kansas was selected to the first team unanimously, according to the release. In her freshman season, Kansas was a member of the 2019 U.S. Collegiate National Domestic Team and one of six freshmen on the All-Big 12 Rookie Team. The New Braunfels native earned Rookie of the Week two times last season and ranked second with 249 kills, third with 266.5 points and fourth with a .241 hitting percentage.

The team will have two scrimmages on Aug. 18 and Aug. 24 as the regular season will begin on Aug. 30 against VCU.