Red Raider Softball vs Kentucky Game Two

Senior INF Jessica Hartwell celebrates a home run with Head Coach Adrian Gregory as she makes her way to home plate during game two against Kentucky at 1 p.m. on Sunday, May 5, 2019 at Rocky Johnson Field. The Red Raiders sweep the Wildcats, 9-6.

Senior infielder Jessica Hartwell is one of four NCAA softball players to receive an invitation to join Scrap Yard Fast Pitch, the organization announced on Saturday, May 11. 

Scrap Yard Fast Pitch is a independent professional softball team based out of Conroe, according to a Tech Athletics release. 

Hartwell started her freshman year play 50 out of 51 games at third base, according to the release. She got 38 hits and had a .547 slugging percentage. 

The infiedler from Galt, California, bounced from third to first base her sophomore and started all 55 games. Hartwell finished her second year as the only player who hit 10 or more home runs and 12 or more doubles, according to the release. 

In her junior year, Hartwell hit 20 home runs, posted a .897 slugging percentage and 63 runs, according to the release. Hartwell also was named a National Fastpitch Coaches Association All-American, the third Red Raiders to do so. 

As a senior, Hartwell broke the program's career home run record and now has 48. She also has 168 career RBIs, according to the release. The senior has a .332 batting average and has earned a spot on the All-Big 12 second team. 

Hartwell will join her team to find out where they stand in the NCAA tournament at 8 p.m. Sunday, May 12, according to the release.