Lady Raider Softball vs University of Northern Colorado

Senior Taylor Satchell high fives Coach Adrian Gregory after Sophomore Kelcy Leach hits a grand slam against Northern Colorado at 4 p.m. on Friday, March 8, 2019, at Rocky Johnson Field. The Red Raiders defeated the Bears 8-0.

Texas Tech softball's head coach Adrian Gregory signed a five-year contract extension on Wednesday.

Gregory's contract will keep her at Tech through the 2024 season, according to a Tech Athletics news release. The contract comes after she coached the team to a 42-16 record, which was the softball team's best season since 2014.

"I am so thrilled to be staying home in Lubbock and continuing our mission to build this program to national prominence," Gregory said, according to the release. "Texas Tech is a very special place and my family and I are surrounded by extraordinary people committed to that same mission. The future is bright!"

In the head coach’s first year as the Red Raiders' head coach in 2015, the team earned a 25-26 overall record and a 9-9 record in Big 12 play, according to the release. The Red Raiders defeated Texas twice in their three games against the Longhorns for the first time in program history.

Gregory then coached Tech to a 23-32 overall record and a 6-12 record in conference play in her second season as head coach, according to Tech Athletics. Three of the six conference wins came when the Red Raiders swept Oklahoma State.

In 2017, Tech went 19-36 overall and 4-14 in Big 12 play under Gregory's guidance, according to the release. The Red Raiders hit 51 home runs and 13 triples as former Red Raider Jessica Hartwell earned National Fastpitch Coaches Association third-team honors and CoSIDA Academic All-District Award.

Following a rough season, Gregory coached Tech to a 31-28 overall record and a 5-13 conference record in 2018, according to the release. The 2018 squad were the second in program history to win six consecutive games on the road.

Last season, the Tech softball team finished with a 42-16 record while going 8-10 in Big 12 play, according to the release. Tech also led the Big 12 in stolen bases, hit 18 triples and went 35 errorless innings. Gregory also helped groom Hartwell and centerfielder Karli Hamilton to become NFCA All-Americans.

The success last season resulted in Gregory's five-year contract extension as Tech's Director of Athletics Kirby Hocutt was satisfied with the program's results, according to the release.

"I was pleased with the progress our softball program has made this past season under Coach Gregory," Tech's Director of Athletics Kirby Hocutt said, according to the release. "We look forward to continued success under her leadership."