NCAA Lubbock Regional 2017

Texas Tech freshman Sofia Garcia tee's off at hole six. The regional tournament took place at 8 a.m. at the Rawls golf course.  Texas Tech sophomore Sofia Garcia shot her first hole-in-one at the Jim West Challenge on Monday, Sept. 11, in Houston. Garcia also had a career low five under 66 in the second round.

Texas Tech women’s golf’s sophomore Sofia Garcia was awarded All-Big 12 honors by the conference coaches on Thursday. 

Garcia is one of 10 players to earn the prestigious honor on the 2019 All-Big 12 team, according to a Tech Athletics news release. 

The Asuncion, Paraguay, native led the Big 12 and was fifth in the nation with a 71.6 stroke average, according to the release. Garcia also led the conference with a .727 scoring average, a -.44 scoring average versus par, 124 birdies and 3.71 sub-par strokes per round.

The sophomore is the sixth Red Raider in program history to claim All-Big 12 honor, according to the release. Garcia is also the first player since 2016 to earn a Big 12 player of the year distinction.

The All-Big 12 honor is not the only postseason award Garcia has earned this year. Last week, the sophomore was named to the All-American Second Team by Women’s Golf Coaches Association, according to the release. During the season, Garcia earned Golfer of the Month in November and April.

Garcia has another chance at an accolade as Golfweek will announce its All-American choices in the near future, according to the release. She will also play in the 2019 Arnold Palmer Cup at the Alotian Club in Arkansas from June 7-9.