Iowa State VS. Texas Tech

Junior forward Brittany Brewer shoots a jump shot during the game against Iowa State at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2019, in the United Supermarkets Arena. The Lady Raiders lost to the Cyclones with a score of 64-62.

Four Lady Raiders were named to the Academic All-Big 12 Women’s Basketball team after outstanding performances off the court. 

Junior guard Brittany Brewer, sophomore guard Sydney Goodson, sophomore forward Tihana Stojsavljevic and senior forward Zuri Sanders have been named to the Academic All-Big 12 First Team for having a 3.20 GPA or better, according to a Tech Athletics news release. 

To be named to the first team, the student-athlete has to maintain a 3.20 or better GPA while the second team must hold a 3.0-3.19 GPA, according to the release. The student-athlete must also have participated in 20 percent of their team’s scheduled matchups. 

Transfer students and freshmen are not eligible to be named Academic All-Big 12, and senior student-athletes who have competed for at least two years and meet all the requirements except the percent of participation in the season are also eligible, according to the release. 

Brewer was one of the three named to the team with a perfect 4.0 overall GPA in the Big 12, according to the release. This also records her second consecutive year being named to first team. This is Sanders' second consecutive year being named to the second team.