Texas Tech Mens Golf

A Texas Tech player on a green on the Rawls Course on Feb. 9, 2017.

Former Texas Tech Red Raider golfers Clement Sordet and Mito Pereira qualified for the U.S. Open on Tuesday.

Qualifying for a spot in the U.S. Open, Sordet birdied six-straight holes and shot 10-under-par in the qualifying round in the United Kingdom, according to a Tech Athletics news release. Pereira shot 67-68 - 135 and placed third in the qualifying round in Florida.

Sordet was a Red Raider from 2011-2015 and has the record for five tournament wins in his single career at Tech, according to the release. The Charbonnieres, France, native earned many accolades at Tech, including All-America and All-Big 12 Tournament honors, as he earned the tournament honors three times in his career. Sordet was also named to the GCAA All-Academic Team and was selected to the Academic All-Big 12 Team.

Until recently, Sordet held the record for highest scoring average in a season with a 70.9, according to the release. Junior Sandy Scott beat the record this season with a 70.2 scoring average.

Pereira played for Tech for a year in the 2014-2015 season before heading to the professionals, according to the release. The Santiago, Chile, native has the seventh highest scoring average in program history with a 72.2 scoring average. Pereira also received an All-Big 12 honors in 2015.

Both Sordet and Pereira will play in the U.S. Open from June 13-16 in Pebble Beach, California.