Texas Tech Soccer vs. Abilene Christian

The Lady Raiders celebrate after a goal was made by senior midfielder Jordan Duke during their game against Abilene Christian at 7 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 26, at the John Walker Soccer Complex. Tech defeat Abilene, 1-0.

On Monday, Nov. 26, the United Soccer Coaches listed selections for the All-Region teams, where sophomore forward Kirsten Davis and senior midfielder Jordan Duke were chosen as All-Midwest.

Davis was announced as a member of the Second Team, while Duke was selected as a Third Team honoree midfielder, according to Tech Athletics.

Davis is fresh off a solid sophomore season where she amassed seven goals and seven assists, leading the team with 21 total points, according to Tech Athletics. Her seven assists on the year ranks seventh in program history, and she was one of only six players in the Big 12 conference to record 20 or more points.  

Davis also earned her place in Tech’s history books with her performance against No. 21 Princeton in the first round of the NCAA Tournament, according to Tech Athletics. She tied the program record for assists and shots in a tournament game, amassing a total of seven shots while tallying two assists.

Lastly, Davis was the Red Raiders' first selection for the All-Big 12 Championship Team since 2015, after notching the game-tying goal against Baylor in the Big 12 semi-finals.

“Kirsten grew her game the entire year, and I think many of her biggest goals came towards the end of the season,” Tech coach Tom Stone said, according to the release. “We were thrilled that she was recognized by those teams on our schedule and in our region as one of the top forwards.”

During Duke’s senior season, she proved to be one of the best defensive midfielders in the nation, according to Tech Athletics. She played a key role in Tech’s Big-12 leading 14 shutouts during the year.

Duke also netted two game-winning shots throughout the season, the first one coming against Abilene Christian at home, and the other coming against Loyola Marymount away from Lubbock, according to Tech Athletics. Furthermore, Duke was named as an Academic All-Big 12 Second Team honoree for the third straight year.

“Jordan Duke was the player we couldn’t live without this year and was easily one of the best players in the Big 12,” Stone said, according to the release.

Duke and Davis are the first pair of Red Raiders to make All-Region teams since Janine Beckie and Jaelene Hinkle did back in 2014, Stone said, according to Tech Athletics.

“All-Region is one step from All-American, and obviously that is pretty good company with Beckie and Hinkle,” Stone said, according to the release. “We saw Jordan Duke have her best year in four and were just seeing the beginning of Kirsten Davis.”