Texas Tech Basketball Senior Night vs. Texas

Sophomore guard Jarrett Culver smiles after a made shot during senior night against Texas at 8 p.m. Monday, March 4, 2019, in the United Supermarkets Arena. This was the last home game for five seniors on the team: Norense Odiase, Brandone Francis, Andrew Sorrells, Matt Mooney and Tariq Owens.

Sophomore guard Jarrett Culver has been selected to the John R. Wooden National Ballot, the Los Angeles Athletic Club announced Saturday, March 9. The award recognizes the most outstanding college basketball player in the country. 

Culver is scoring the most points for Tech with 17.9 per game and also leads with 6.3 rebounds and 3.7 assists, according to a Tech Athletics news release. The sophomore guard has scored at least 20 or more points in eight games this season and has secured three double-doubles. 

The guard from Lubbock is the third Red Raider in the last three years that has been on the John. R. Wooden National Ballot. Last season Keenan Evans landed himself on the ballot and the year before Jarrius Jackson was nominated, according to the release. 

Voting starts March 18 and goes to March 25, according to the release. The presentation of the award will be on Friday, April 12, and will air on ESPN2. Fans can vote by going to www.woodenawardvote.com.