Texas Tech Basketball vs. Oklahoma

Redshirt sophomore guard Deshawn Corprew advances down the court during the game against Oklahoma at 8 p.m, Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2019, in the United Supermarkets Arena. Texas Tech defeated Oklahoma with a packed home crowd and a final score of 66-59.

Texas Tech Athletics announced that the basketball team's forward, junior Deshawn Corprew, has been suspended indefinitely on Monday after Title IX allegations were made.

On Monday afternoon, the Athletics department released a statement on the matter. “Once Coach (Chris) Beard was made aware of Title IX allegations against Deshawn Corprew, the men’s basketball student-athlete was immediately suspended from all team activities, pending a full investigation. Further comment will be withheld until the appropriate time.”

Examples of Title IX allegations, according to Tech, include, but are not limited to, sexual harassment and sexual assault.

Sexual harassment is defined as making remarks or physical advances to someone that are inappropriate and unwanted, according to RAINN. Sexual assault is when someone does not get consent from an individual before sexually touching then or forcing them to do something sexual when they do not want to.

Last season, Corprew averaged 5.0 points, 3.3 rebounds and 0.4 assists per game, according to sports-reference. He also shot 56 percent from the field, 40 percent from behind the arc and 66.7 percent at the free-throw line.