Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma State game 3

Senior infielder Cameron Warren flips the ball to John McMillon at first base to get the second out of the sixth inning. McMillon and team defeated the Oklahoma State Cowboys in game three of the Super Regionals, 8-6.

Texas Tech

No.8 Texas Tech earned its first back-to-back College World Series appearances after defeating No. 9 Oklahoma State in the Super Regionals. The Red Raiders posted a 44-18 overall record this season, earning them the Big 12 title.

The Red Raiders posted a .301 team batting average this season with Cameron Warren leading the team, hitting .354, according to Tech Athletics. Warren also leads the team with 17 home runs and 76 RBI this season. Gabe Holt leads the team with 82 hits while Josh Jung scored a team-leading 62 runs and earned 22 doubles.

Tech’s three primary starters are Micah Dallas, Caleb Kilian and Bryce Bonnin, according to Tech Athletics. Dallas leads the starters with a 3.38 ERA and 82 strikeouts in 72.0 innings pitched. Kilian trails Dallas with a 3.93 ERA and 80 strikeouts while Bonnin has struck 58 batters out in 59.0 innings pitched this season.

Michigan

Michigan is coming off of a hot streak as they defeated the reigning national champions No. 16 Oregon State in the Regionals and dethroning the No. 1 seed UCLA in the Super Regionals. Overall, Michigan posted a 46-20 record this season as their RPI ranked 39th in the country.

Michigan posted a .281 batting average this season as a team as Jordan Brewer led the team in multiple offensive categories with a .338 batting average, 75 hits and 19 doubles, according to Michigan Athletics. Brewer also tied for first on the team with 55 runs scored and 12 home runs. Three other Wolverines racked up 12 homers this season, including Jordan Nwogu, Jimmy Kerr and Jesse Franklin. Kerr also led the Wolverines’ offense with 56 RBI. 

The Wolverines’ pitching staff was led by their three starters Karl Kauffmann, Jeff Criswell and Tommy Henry, according to Arkansas Athletics. The starting pitchers found success in striking batters out as Henry earned 117 strikeouts, Kauffmann stuck 101 batters out and Criswell threw 99 batters out. Kauffmann leads the starters with a 2.59 ERA after pitching in 114.2 innings. Collectively, the three have posted a 27-12 record at the mound.   

Arkansas

Arkansas earned a bid to the College World Series after defeating Ole Miss in the Super Regionals. This season, the Razorbacks posted a 46-18 overall record, earning them the No. 5 national seed. 

As a team, Arkansas posted a .300 batting average with various offensive team leaders, according to Arkansas Athletics. Matt Goodheart leads the team with a .356 batting average but Trevor Ezell and Casey Martin earned 79 hits this season for a team-high. Martin also is tied with Heston Kjerstad as they have both hit 15 balls out of the park this season. Along with total hits, Ezell leads the team with 71 runs scored and 25 doubles.

The Razorbacks’ three starters consist of Isaiah Campbell, Connor Noland and Patrick Wicklander, according to Arkansas Athletics. Campbell is Arkansas’ more dominant pitcher as he posted a 2.26 ERA after pitching 111.1 innings this season while striking 115 batters out. Campbell also leads the pitchers with a 12-1 record at the mound. Wicklander posted the lowest ERA of the starters with a 4.29 but ranks second on the team with 88 strikeouts. Noland posted a 4.00 ERA after pitching in 74.1 innings and has struck 53 batters out this season.

Florida State

Florida State upset No. 4 Georgia in the Regionals and No. 13 LSU in the Super Regionals for a bid in the College World Series. The Seminoles posted a 41-21 overall record, ranking them 50th in RPI.

Florida State’s offense posted a .272 batting average collectively as they enter the College World Series, according to Florida State Athletics. Mike Salvatore leads the Seminoles’ offense with a .341 batting average, 87 hits and 22 doubles this season. Drew Mendoza has also impacted Florida State’s offense with a team-high 60 runs scored, 56 RBI and 16 home runs.

The two primary starting pitchers for Florida State are CJ Van Eyk and Drew Parrish, according to Florida State Athletics. Van Eyk posted the lower ERA of the starters with a 3.80 while striking 120 batters out in 94.2 innings pitched. Parrish has also been effective at the mound as he struck 116 batters out in 86.1 innings pitched this season but he gave up 49 earned runs, giving him a 5.11 ERA.

Vanderbilt

Vanderbilt posted a 54-11 record this season, earning them the No. 2 national seed. The Seminoles head to Omaha after defeating Duke in the Super Regionals. 

Vanderbilt’s offense has been effective as the team posted a .318 batting average this season, according to Vanderbilt Athletics. Austin Martin leads the offense with a .410 batting average, 100 hits and 83 runs scored. Meanwhile, JJ Bleday leads the team with 26 home runs and Ethan Paul earned a team-high 71 RBI.

The Commodores’ three most dominant starters this season have been Mason Hickman, Drake Fellows and Kumar Rocker, according to Vanderbilt Athletics. Hickman posted the lowest ERA with a 2.23 and has struck 116 batters out in 84.2 innings pitched. Fellows leads the pitching staff with 120 strikeouts but has one of the higher ERA’s, earning a 4.15 after giving up 48 earned runs in 104.0 innings this season. Rocker posted a 3.50 ERA this year with 97 strikeouts under his belt. The three pitchers combined, earned a 30-6 record at the mound as Hickman has gone a perfect 8-0 at the mound this season.

Louisville

Louisville has earned the No. 7 overall seed as the Cardinals posted a 49-16 overall record this season as they earned a College World Series bid after defeating the No. 10 seed East Carolina in the Super Regionals.

The Cardinals’ offense has posted a .295 batting average as a team with Danny Oriente led the team, hitting .330, according to Louisville Athletics. Tyler Fitzgerald has also had an impact on the offensive end as he leads the team with 82 hits, 62 runs scored and 64 RBI this season. Alex Binelas has been the slugger on the team, leading the Cardinals with 14 dingers.

Reid Detmers has been a force to be reckoned with at the mound this season as he has struck 162 batters out this season in 107.1 innings pitched, according to Louisville Athletics. Bobby Miller has also taken the role as a starter for the Cardinals this season, striking 83 batters out in 76.0 innings pitched.

Mississippi State

The No. 6 national-seeded Mississippi State is coming off of beating No. 11 Stanford in the Super Regionals, improving their overall record 51-13

The Bulldogs’ offense posts a .317 batting average as a team as the Super Regionals concluded, according to Mississippi State Athletics. Jake Mangum has been effective at the plate, leading the team with a .355 batting average, 103 hits and 72 runs scored. Tanner Allen trails Mangum with 92 hits but leads the team with 64 RBI while Justin Foscue is the team-leader with 14 home runs. 

Mississippi State’s starting pitchers consist of Ethan Small, JT Ginn and Peyton Plumlee, according to Mississippi State Athletics. Small leads the pitchers with a 1.76 ERA and 168 strikeouts in 102.0 innings pitched this season. Finn trails Small with a 3.36 ERA and 103 strikeouts as Plumlee has struck 63 batters out, posting a 3.67 ERA this year. 

Auburn

Auburn will take on Omaha after upsetting No. 3 Georgia Tech in the Regionals and No. 14 North Carolina in the Super Regionals. The Tigers enter the final round of the NCAA Tournaments with a 38-26 overall record this season. 

Auburn has posted a .265 batting average at the plate this year with a consistent lineup, according to Auburn Athletics. Conor Davis leads the team with a .287 batting average and is one of three Tigers to earn 70 hits this season. Will Holland, Edouard Julien and Steven Williams posted the three lowest batting averages of the starters but each of the three has hit nine dingers this season. Julien also leads the team with 54 RBI.

The primary starting pitcher for Auburn is Tanner Burns who earned the lowest ERA on the team with a 2.73, according to Auburn Athletics. Burns has also struck 100 batters out in 79.0 innings pitched this season.