Red Raider Baseball vs University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

Junior INF Josh Jung hits the ball to short stop during game one against University of Texas Rio Grande Valley at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park. The Red Raiders fall to the Vaqueros, 6-3.

The Collegiate Baseball Newspaper (CBN) named Texas Tech’s junior Josh Jung to the All-American second team on Thursday.

With the selection, Jung has been selected to the second team for the second-straight year by CBN, according to the release. It is also the 10th All-America award of his career as he earned five in 2018 and four in 2017.

Red Raiders have earned a selection from CBN for four-consecutive years with Jung and Grant Little earning All-American status in 2018, Seven Gingery representing Tech in 2017 and Eric Gutierrez earning the accolade in 2016, according to the release.

Heading into the postseason, Jung has posted a .332 batting average, 67 hits, 55 runs, 53 RBI, 21 doubles and 11 home runs, according to Tech Athletics. Jung’s offense ranked him in the top of the Big 12 as he placed second in walks, third in on-base percentage, fourth in slugging as well as ranking seventh for his home run total and batting average.

Jung also earned a spot in the school record book as he ranked fourth with 245 career hits, trailing Gutierrez by 19, according to the release. He also is ranked fourth with 144 walks, fifth with 176 RBI, sixth with 179 runs scored and seventh with 52 doubles in his career.

The Red Raiders will open the NCAA Lubbock Regional against Army West Point at 3 p.m. on Friday at Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park.