Lady Raider Basketball vs Oklahoma

Freshman guard Chrislyn Carr runs the ball down the court against Oklahoma at 7 p.m. on March 5, 2019 in the United Supermarkets Arena. The Lady Raiders defeated the Sooners 88-82.

Lone freshman guard Chrislyn Carr ended her first regular season by tacking on another Big 12 Freshman of the Week award, her fifth accolade this season alone.

Carr has now become the first freshman since the 2015-16 season to rack up this many Big 12 weekly honors, according to the Tech Athletics release.

On Tuesday, Carr led the team in its victory over Oklahoma with 26 points, and 14 of those 26 points came in the first half alone, according to the release. This was Carr’s seventh 20+ point game for the season.

The Phillips 66 All-Big 12 Awards will be announced at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, March 6, on the Big 12’s social media accounts. Fans can also follow along at Big12Sports.com.

The Lady Raiders will continue play in postseason at the 2019 Phillips Big 12 Championship tournament starting on Friday, March 8, and going through Sunday, March 10, in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Tech will compete against Oklahoma for a second consecutive game to kick off the tournament.