Texas Tech Mens Golf

A Texas Tech player on a green on the Rawls Course on Feb. 9, 2017.

Texas Tech women’s golf’s sophomore Louisa Brunt and freshman Cecilie Nielson will compete in tournaments in Scotland and Denmark, respectively, on Saturday and Sunday.

After the eight tournaments Brunt played in the spring, the Manchester, England, native will compete in the 2019 St. Rule Trophy Tournament on Saturday and Sunday in Scotland, according to the release. The tournament will be a 54-hole open stroke play at the St. Andrew Link.

Brunt had a 74.64 scoring average this season, trailing only sophomore Sofia Garcia, according to the release. The sophomore’s best finish was in the Entrada Classic where she tied for third.

Nielson will compete in the Wiibroe Cup at the Helsinger Golf Club in Denmark as part of the DGU Elite Tour II on Saturday and Sunday as well, according to the release. The cup will have three rounds as 12 of 24 players will advance after 36 holes of play.

Nielson finished in the top 25 in four of her last five events she competed in, according to the release. The freshman also finished 16th in the Big 12 Championships.