Iowa State VS. Texas Tech

Junior forward Brittany Brewer passes the ball during the game against Iowa State at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2019, in the United Supermarkets Arena. The Lady Raiders lost the game to the Cyclones with a score of 64-62.

Texas Tech women's basketball junior forward Brittany Brewer was named to the Google Cloud CoSIDA Academic All-American First Team, the first Lady Raider to receive the honor, according to a Tech Athletics news release. 

Brewer was one of five student-athletes named to the first team and is the only player in the Big 12 on any of the three teams, according to the release. This records Brewer's second consecutive year to be named to the team. 

The Abilene native became the first Lady Raider to be named to the All-American first team in program history and the third in school history to be named an All-American by CoSIDA, according to the release. 

To be nominated for first team, a player has to be at least a sophomore, have a 3.30 cumulative GPA and have participated in at least half of the team's games, according to the release. Brewer currently has a 4.0 cumulative GPA and is pursuing a degree in community, family and addiction sciences.