Iowa State VS. Texas Tech

Junior forward Brittany Brewer attacks the basket during the game against Iowa State at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2019, in the United Supermarkets Arena. The Lady Raiders lost the game to the Cyclones with a scare of 64-62.

Texas Tech Women’s basketball’s Brittany Brewer earned a spot on the Pan American Games Team on Monday and will represent Team USA.

Brewer is the first Lady Raider to make the Pan American Games team since Sheryl Swoopes was a member of the team in 1995, according to a Tech Athletics news release.

“What a special day for Brittany and the Lady Raider Basketball family,” head coach Marlene Stollings said, according to the release. “We are so incredibly proud of her.”

Out of the 35 participants in the trials, only 12 players earned a spot on the roster, according to the release. Brewer is also one of two players from the Big 12 to make the team, as six players from the conference participated in the trials.   

Brewer saw improvement in her senior season under Stollings as she played 31 minutes per game, averaging 16.6 points, 9.1 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per game, according to the release. Her season earned her a spot on the All-Big 12 Honorable Mention team.

“Brittany is the epitome of what it means to be a Lady Raider both on and off the court,” Stollings said, according to the release. “This couldn’t have happened to a better person and member of our family. Brittany is first class in every way, and we are pulling for her to bring home the gold from Lima, Peru, in August.”

The Pan American Games Team will have training camp on July 23-Aug. 5 in Colorado Springs, according to the release. They will then participate in the 2019 Pan American Games Aug. 6-10 in Lima, Peru.

USA Basketball selects, trains and supports any team representing the United States in international basketball competitions and is the national governing body for the sport in the country.