The Texas Tech men’s basketball team lost its third straight Big 12 Conference game to the Kansas State Wildcats in Manhattan, Kan.

The loss dropped the Red Raiders to 10-11 overall and 2-6 in conference play.

The Wildcats snapped a two-game losing streak, improving to 15-6 overall with a 5-3 record in the Big 12.

Tech had a season low 20 points at half and was held to 19-56 (33.9 percent) shooting from the field.

The Red Raiders have now lost five straight games in Manhattan and Tech coach Tubby Smith fell to 3-7 all-time against Kansas State coach Bruce Weber.

Senior forward Jaye Crockett led the Red Raiders offensively with 15 points to go along with seven rebounds.

Although Tech was down by 12 at half and trailed by as many as 14, the Red Raiders cut the lead to 1 with 6:51 left to play.

Kansas State continued its streak of playing well at home this season, improving to 11-1 overall and 5-0 in conference in games played in Bramlage Coliseum.

Sophomore guard Dusty Hannahs came off the bench and was second on the team in scoring with 14 points.

Hannahs was perfect from the free-throw line and extended his streak to 26 straight, making 40 of his last 41 attempts.  

The Red Raiders will try to avoid their fourth straight loss in a game at 12:30 p.m. Saturday against Texas Christian in the United Spirit Arena.