All incoming students to Texas Tech — both first-year freshmen and transfer — are required to complete the new Think About It program offered through the RISE (Risk Intervention & Safety Education) office.

Think About It is an online, interactive program designed to educate students about alcohol, drugs, healthy relations, sex, and violence prevention, according to the RISE website. The course includes surveys pertaining to personal health behaviors to help measure the student’s attitudes and behaviors and personalize the experience; however, all responses are confidential.

Each student required to complete Think About It should have received an email in his or her Tech account with a link to the program. The student’s eRaider log-in and password is required to access the program.

Think About It will take about an hour and a half to two hours to complete and must be completed by Sept. 30, according to the RISE website. Once the training is completed, a record automatically will be created. Prior to exiting the course, the student can download a completion certificate for his or her records.

A student who fails to complete the training by the end of September will have a hold placed on his or her student account, according to the RISE website.

For more information about Think About It, contact RISE at 806-742-2110 or rise@ttu.edu or visit depts.ttu.edu/rise/thinkaboutit.