Last Saturday I had the pleasure of hearing the Lubbock Symphony Orchestra perform Beethoven’s “Eroica” in the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center.

It was my very first symphony concert, and I loved every minute of it.

I realize you might have many reasons for not being interested in classical music. You might think classical music concerts are very elite events that can only be enjoyed by rich, classy and sophisticated individuals. That’s simply not true.

If classical music just isn’t your thing or if you’ve never really listened to it before, I encourage you to check out the Lubbock Symphony Orchestra. It put on a great show last Saturday, and its tickets cost students a mere $5.

Because I was not entirely familiar with orchestra concerts, I assumed a $5 ticket meant I could wear casual clothing. So, I sported a cute pair of denim jeans, some glamorous Converse sneakers and a super-chic Star Wars shirt that I’m pretty sure was meant to be a pajama-top.

I soon realized my fancy attire did not quite suit the sophisticated culture of the concert hall as I was greeted, much to my amusement, with stares of disapproval.

The women looked stunning in their long dresses, shawls and heels. The men looked splendid in their suits, ties and shiny black shoes. I looked like a homeless girl who wandered in off the streets.

Now, for those of you who — like myself — aren’t so fancy, please don’t let the conventional image of the concert hall keep you from seeing the Lubbock Symphony Orchestra in action.

I sat in the back with a group of like-minded students, and we had a great time. Although orchestra concerts are usually considered formal affairs, you don’t have to dress like a fashionista to enjoy classical music.

The music itself was absolutely spectacular. The stage was filled with a variety of instruments played by talented and dedicated musicians.

I saw violins, cellos, basses, French horns, a harp, a couple of different drums and an extravagant grand piano, among many others. It was fascinating to hear each instrument play by itself, but it was even more mesmerizing when the entire ensemble played simultaneously.

The concert began with Beethoven’s “Creatures of Prometheus,” followed by Copland’s “Suite from Appalachian Spring,” and ended with a lovely performance of Beethoven’s “Eroica.”

“Eroica” consists of four unique movements that flow seamlessly together to create an emotional and captivating symphony. In fact, critics often call this the most perfect symphony ever written.

The movements are rather long, but they’re worth sitting through. My favorite movement was the fourth. I found myself smiling in awe as every instrument in the orchestra came to life and ended the concert with this epic finale.

If you’re a Texas Tech student, you should seriously consider taking advantage of this opportunity. The Lubbock Symphony Concert was the best $5 I’ve spent in a long time.

If you’re worried about not having anything fancy to wear, don’t be. Just go as yourself.

If you’re not very familiar with classical music, give it a chance.

There’s nothing quite like watching a live classical music performance.

The Lubbock Symphony Orchestra adds a bit of magic to the bucolic culture of West Texas.

Tonight the Lubbock Symphony Orchestra is going to tackle Rachmaninoff’s famous Piano Concerto No. 3 in D minor, which is a very complex and elaborate piece in addition to being an all-time favorite of mine.

Next time you’re in the mood for some good live music, save some Starbucks money and take a couple of hours out your week to watch the Lubbock Symphony Orchestra. You won’t be disappointed.

gap99

Grosir Amazon Plus
Toko Obat Herbal kami menyediakan produk-produk obat herbal berkualitas yang bertujuan untuk membantu memperbaiki mutu kesehatan pribadi Anda, karena Kami merupakan salah satu grosir produk obat herbal terpercaya di Indonesia.

Obat Asam Urat Paling Ampuh
Jus Kulit Manggis Obat Tradisional Asam Urat Alamiah cukup banyak dicari banyak penderita penyakit asam urat. Karena Jus Kulit Manggis Obat Tradisional Asam Urat Alamiah memiliki hasil yang bagus bagi kesehatan dan tanpa menimbulkan efek negatif.

Obat Kanker Payudara Yang Paling Ampuh
Amazon PlusObat Tradisional Kanker Payudara Amazon telah memperoleh izin dari banyak lembaga di Indonesia, misalnya dari badan pom.

gap99

Grosir Amazon Plus

Obat Asam Urat Paling Ampuh

Obat Kanker Payudara Yang Paling Ampuh