• 3

Editor’s Note: These Letters to the Editor are responses to the recent “Frat Chat” messages that surfaced on social media. The DT asked people to send in their thoughts and reactions through our social media pages on Friday, June 22. These letters were written and submitted by members of the…

• 0

• 1

Last night I witnessed another fantastic win by our Red Raider basketball team. Congratulations to Coach Chris Beard and this amazing team that has brought so much pride and fun to everyone that has a Texas Tech tie. It’s unbelievable how Beard, his staff and the Red Raiders have delivered.

• 1

We write in response to a recently published opinion piece titled, “Organ donors save lives without trying,” published on April 30 in The Daily Toreador.

• 16

*Editor’s note: the following is in response to the personal opinion column “Some Texas Tech instructors not qualified to teach” from Thursday’s issue of The DT.

• 3

The health risks associated with secondhand smoke have been well established; second hand smoke is deadly. It harms nearly every organ in the body and increases your risk for stroke, lung cancer, heart disease and autoimmune disease.

• 0

Texas Tech Greek Life has been under a huge microscope lately, and it has not been for the best. What people tend to forget are the positive aspects and praises that are left out of the spotlight. There are many perks to joining Greek life and I’m about to explain why people need to stop thi…

• 0

I am writing in response to the “Opinions May Vary: Duck Dynasty controversy” column in Wednesday’s edition of The Daily Toreador. I feel Andrew Gleinser should be made aware of some rather egregious flaws in the logic of his argument; though of no immediate consequence, it is my hope that i…

• 0

It is wonderful to see Texas Tech will honor “Lone Survivor” author Marcus Luttrell and other Purple Heart awardees Saturday during the Tech football game. Here is a story about those Purple Hearts.

• 1

During class each day, I look around and see multiple laptops in use. And, as always, each semester begins with students rapidly typing notes and looking at the current chapter’s PowerPoint presentations.

• 1

On Oct. 12, I was visiting my granddaughter, a junior at Texas Tech. She invited her mother, sister and I — her 78-year old grandmother — to see the Homecoming events and football game between Tech and Iowa State. Our seats were at Gate 5, Section 122, Row 35, Seats 49-51.

• 1

This response is intended to clear up some potential confusion on game laws that may have arisen after reading Keela Cooper’s article titled “Tech students hunt during dove season.”

• 1

As a Texas Tech alumna and direct observer of two Texas Tech feral cat colonies I monitored from 1980-1995 near Gordon/Bledsoe/Sneed Residence Complex, and 2003-2006 near the Carpenter/Wells Residence Complex, I can state emphatically that the opinion expressed by Jon McRoberts in the Aug. 2…

• 1

I applaud Texas Tech’s goal of reducing the feral cat population on campus as described in Monday’s issue of The Daily Toreador. Such a goal is a step in the right direction, but more action is needed. A cat colony on campus offers few benefits to the Tech community. Feral cats are documente…

• 2

In response to Andrew Gleinser’s column in the Nov. 15, 2012 edition of The Daily Toreador, I respectfully disagree with just about every point that was made. The 2012 presidential election was not won with scare tactics. It was won because Americans know bull when they see it. The Democrats…

• 1

I must rightfully agree with the overall sentiment of the “SGA conduct unacceptable” article published in Tuesday’s edition of The Daily Toreador.

• 0

I am glad to see how someone finally attempted to write a story covering the Occupy movement in the article “Pre-occupied with debate” in Tuesday’s edition of The Daily Toreador. I thought the previous story about the Occupy movement was a real joke.

• 0

Every morning before my classes, I stop to get The Daily Toreador. Nine times out of ten, I grab the Sudoku puzzle and chunk the rest of the paper in the trash without a second glance.

• 0

On Monday, I had the pleasure of conducting a Ghost Tour of some of the haunted buildings on the Texas Tech campus to a group of more than 75 people. It seemed to go well, as many people asked questions and shared some of their ghost sightings or other unusual experiences. A few of those att…

• 0

For more than 40 years, the state of Texas has been committed to helping students attend college by offering low, fixed-interest student loans. The program, known today as the College Access Loan, currently boasts one of the lowest interest rates in the nation at 5.25 percent.

• 0

While watching the current protests going on around the country in the name of “Occupy Wall Street,” I feel that many of our fellow Americans have a fundamental lack in understanding of how capitalism works. 

If you're interested in submitting a Letter to the Editor, click here.

• 16

• 3

• 0

• 0

• 0

• 1