For some, spring break is that time of year. 

Will you go skiing or snowboarding? Surfing or hiking? Carpool or lone-road-trip? Co-ed, girls’ night out or bro night? Will you tell your parents you’re actually going? Did you save up, or are you going out on a whim? 

No matter what you do, it’s always going to seem like someone is having more fun than you. You’ll see someone with a better Snapchat story about how they blacked out drinking tequila at a Pitbull (Mr. Worldwide) concert and how it was the best time of their life. 

It may seem like they had the best time, but you only get the smallest view of their life from Snapchat. Trying to compete or compare yourself with anyone is a losing battle every time. 

Partying isn’t the only option available for spring breakers. It can be a good time to catch up on work, go see your parents, start a business, close a business or even just do laundry if you want to play it safe. 

Not everyone will be playing it safe this spring season though. Some of you may be going to beaches across the country like Panama City Beach or Gulf Shores. Wherever it is, now that you and friends have decided where you’re going, you’ve probably realized you don’t have anything to wear, and that’s okay. Luckily, there is no dress code on spring break. 

Once you get there, the last thing you’ll be worried about is what you’re wearing, unless you chose the skiing option, in which case your friend’s car will probably be so full of clothing you won’t have room to move, but at least you’ll have plenty of time to complain. 

Half the battle is the drive, but the other half is coordination which requires endurance and intelligence. 

Not only does someone have to make sure they get payments from everyone for the room, they also have to find parking, and who knows where the room actually is? “Should we take our stuff or go find the room and come back?” If you don’t take your stuff, the room will be really easy-to-find, but if you do, you’ll be carrying that stuff around for 30 minutes before you find where you’re going—that’s just how it works.

Now, the endurance portion is what really takes some grit and even teamwork. If you don’t have a party mom, then first of all, you don’t know what you’re missing. Second, you’ll most likely find yourself throwing up with no one to hold your hair or even realize your mom hasn’t been doing your laundry the whole time and find yourself with nothing clean to wear.

In any case, it’s not a race, so keep your pace and don’t land flat on your face. You’ll be fine, enjoy yourself; have a good time. 

No matter what you do during spring break, make sure you do it with your friends, because these are probably the best years of your life. Live it up while you can, because you only get older, at which point you start to realize partying is a HUGE waste of time, or so you’ll tell yourself, but, the best times are during spring break. You’ll meet new people (that you’ll probably never see again), and you’ll remember these days for the rest of your life, so drink responsibly and party professionally, because there’s no time (machines) like the present.