The Texas Tech Gamma Tau Chapter of Zeta Tau Alpha posed their concerns after a member was seen in a Snapchat video making a racist comment.

ZTA posted a statement on their Twitter regarding the racism that took place.

ZTA is troubled by what took place, according to the Twitter post. ZTA accepts everyone, regardless of race, religion or beliefs and does not allow any form of discrimination within its membership.

ZTA, according to the post, is still investigating the incident and will handle the situation.

Update at 3:40 p.m. on May 9:

According to a Tech statement provided by Chris Cook, managing director of the Tech Office of Communications and Marketing, the statements made by the student do not reflect Tech's values. The Tech Office of the Dean of Students and the Office of Student Conduct have begun an inquiry and will take further action regarding the situation.

Update at 12:21 p.m. on May 10:

According to a Tech statement provided by Chris Cook, managing director of the Tech Office of Communications and Marketing, an inquiry regarding comments made in the Snapchat video has been conducted. The Tech Office of the Dean of Students is determining if any action needs to be taken to deal with Tech students seen in the video.

The individual who made the offensive comment, according to the Tech statement, is not a Tech student.

The university is responding to all reports made regarding this matter, according to the statement. For those in need of further assistance, one may consult the Student Counseling Center at 806-742-3674, the Office of the Dean of Students at 806-742-2984, the Employee Assistance Program at 806-743-3127 or the Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at 806-742-7025.