After success in pitching his business idea to investors at the Texas Tech Innovation Hub, 12-year-old Daniel Jones competed in the Saunders Scholars Competition.

Jones, who is a homeschooled student and CEO of Fort in a Box, is a member of the Lubbock Chamber of Commerce Young Entrepreneurs Academy who presented his business Friday morning at the Saunders Scholars Competition in Rochester, New York, according to a LCC news release. He is was one of 53 entrepreneurs who presented an idea.

Previously, Jones competed against 15 other students to pitch their ideas to investors on Tuesday, April 2, at the Innovation Hub, according to the news release. The panel of investors awarded Jones and the other entrepreneurs startup money for their businesses and selected Jones as the Saunders Scholars Semi-Finalist.

During the Saunders competition, according to the news release, young entrepreneurs are eligible for $25,000 to $50,000 scholarships, a paid trip to the America’s Small Business Summit in Washington, D.C. and prizes.