TTUHSC

The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock campus.

The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center has been placed on the list of Military Friendly Schools and has earned a Silver Military Friendly designation.

According to a TTUHSC news release, the HSC Office of Student Services Veterans and Military Advising helps military veterans and their families succeed. The office is co-located with the Veterans Resource Center at the TTUHSC Preston Smith Library.

The TTUHSC is one of 40 Texas schools that has a Military Friendly designation and is Texas’ only stand-alone health sciences center to have made the list, according to the release. The TTUHSC offers the greatest number of programs with five schools and programs in certificate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctorate levels.

VIQTORY, a company founded to help veterans transition into civilian life, determines the methodology, criteria and weightings with input from the Military Friendly Advisory Council of independent leaders in higher education and military recruitment community, according to the news release. In addition, 766 institutions of 8,800 surveyed and evaluated earned the designation.

For more information, go towww.militaryfriendly.com to find the 2019-2020 list.