Update at 5:11 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 26:

The Brazos County Health District confirmed negative results for the patient being tested for Coronavirus, according to the Brazos County Health District Facebook page.

Original story:

Texas A&M University was notified by the Brazos County Health District about a possible case of the Coronavirus on Thursday.

Both the Brazos County Health District and Texas A&M Student Health Services will monitor the situation, according to a statement from Texas A&M University Division of Marking and Communications.

The immediate health risk to students is low, according to the news release.

The patient had returned from Wuhan, China, and had come to a Brazos County hospital after displaying symptoms after the 14-day return window, Dr. Eric Wilke, the Brazos County Health Authority, said in a news conference Thursday.

The patient’s blood was sent to the Centers of Disease Control in Atlanta for testing, Wilke said in the press conference. If the case is confirmed, there will be detailed contact tracing.

Wilke said during the press conference the same principles of preventing flu and colds are also applicable in this case, such as washing hands with soap and water and covering one’s mouth when coughing or sneezing.