Along with the Red Raiders currently on campus, Texas Tech will host 25 young African leaders taking part in the Mandela Washington Fellowship this summer.

For six weeks, according to a Tech news release, Mandela Fellows will be in Lubbock and other parts of Texas to complete part of their fellowship, which will consist of community service, classroom activities and visiting places such as local schools and government offices. 

The MWF, according to the Young African Leaders Initiative website, allows 25 to 35-year-old leaders, who have made an impact in different countries of Sub-Saharan Africa, to take part in a Leadership Institute at a U.S. college or university.

The MWF, which is a flagship program of the YALI that was created in 2014, will consist of Fellows completing a Leadership in Public Management Institute that is made up of three two-week modules, according to the news release. The six-week institute will last until July 28.

YALI, which was created in 2010, according to the news release, is dedicated to helping these African leaders participating in the Fellowship grow and works to promote peace and democracy across Africa. 

Multiple members of the Tech community, according to the news release, have helped plan the institute. 

These members, according to the news release, include faculty and staff from the Office of International Affairs, the Office of the President, the Office of the Provost, the School of Law, the Innovation Hub, the Ethics Center, the Free Market Institute, the Agricultural and Applied Economics department, the Animal and Food Sciences department, the Nutritional Sciences department and the Educational Psychology and Leadership graduate program.

After the six-week institute, Fellows will continue to network and apply the skills they have learned at other events in the U.S., according to the YALI website. These events include a summit at Washington, D.C. and a four-week Professional Development Experience that involves working with non-governmental organizations and companies.

vecaduhit

Tech is going to welcomes due to some of the African among some of the leaders that have fellowship program on this. I have to maintain some of the formats that were at is papersowl com legit it was among some of deduction that was able to describe some of them on it.