Whether it be in sports or academics, Texas Tech has received multiple honors over the years. In addition, the institution's online classes are platforms that have been nationally recognized.

The university was recently ranked in Guide to Online Schools' 2019 Best Online Colleges list, according to a Tech news release. The list ranks Tech as second for the best online colleges in Texas, sixth for the best online colleges for bachelor's degrees and ninth for best online colleges for doctoral programs.

Tech, according to the news release, has the eLearning and Academic Partnerships department, which provides more than 80 online degree programs and seven regional teaching sites.

For the best online colleges ranking in Texas, according to the news release, an institution must be regionally accredited and offer at least one bachelor's degree program that takes place online.

For the bachelor's degree ranking, an institution must offer at least five online bachelor's degree programs that consist of at least three different subject areas, according to the news release. For the doctoral program ranking, an institution must have a research expenditure and offer two at least two online doctoral programs that consist of at least two subject areas.