The Silent Wings Museums hosted a reunion for the veterans and pilots of Word War II.

The Silent Wings Museum hosted a reunion of pilots and veterans who flew gliders during World War II. The museum had many veterans and to be honored as well as exhibits from World War II.

The Silent Wings Museum has invited the Lubbock community to celebrate the lives of past and present veterans this Veterans Day, Nov. 11.

The museum is offering free admission to the public and will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., according to a City of Lubbock news release. The ceremonial aspects of the celebration begin at 11 a.m. 

The ceremony at the museum includes several speakers, including Mayor Pro. Tem Jeff Griffith who will deliver the Veterans Day Proclamation, according to the news release. Ron Milam will be the Master of Ceremonies. 

In addition, Jerry Serrano will be performing Taps and Jack Woodville London, Military Writers Society of America’s “Writer of the Year,” will be the guest speaker, according to the news release. London will also be hosting a book signing. 

Activities for children will begin at 2 p.m. and end at 5 p.m., according to the news release.  

Also, the American Red Cross and the Salvation Army relief truck will be presented at the museum, according to the news release.  

Light refreshments will be served throughout the event, according to the news release.