Student Government Association President, Sean Lewis

Sean Lewis, former Student Government Association president, will serve as the 2019-2020 student regent for the Texas Tech System Board of Regents.

After a year of advocating for the Texas Tech student community, Sean Lewis will now serve on the Tech System Board of Regents.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott selected Lewis, 2018-2019 Tech Student Government Association President, to be the 2019-2020 student regent on the Tech System Board of Regents, according to a Tech System news release. Lewis will serve from June 1, 2019 to May 31, 2020.

Lewis, who replaced former Student Regent Jane Gilmore, will attend his first meeting on August 8 and 9 as the 14th student on the Board and the fifth student regent to be selected from Tech, according to the news release. During his service, he will be pursuing his Juris Doctor degree at the Tech School of Law.

In addition to his time as SGA president, according to the news release, Lewis was also Congressman Jodey Arrington's 2015-2016 campaign assistant and the 2017 political affairs intern in the Executive Office of the President in Washington, D.C.