Mendez, Jesse Perez.jpg

Jesse Perez Mendez, new Texas Tech College of Education dean.

With the approach of a new fall semester also comes a new dean for the Texas Tech College of Education.

Jesse Perez Mendez, dean of the Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis School of Education, was appointed the dean of the Tech College of Education today, according to a memorandum from the Office of the Provost. His position will be effective August 1, 2019.

Mendez, who is a Wichita Falls native, earned a master's degree in political science at Tech, according to the memorandum. At Indiana University-Bloomington, he later obtained a juris doctorate from the Mauer School of Law and a doctorate in higher education and students affairs from the School of Education.

Mendez, who researches post-secondary access and higher-education policy issues according to the memorandum, also served as the associate dean for Academic Affairs at the University of Central Florida and served as the interim chair in the university's Department of Educational Leadership and Higher Education in the College of Education and Human Performance.

In addition to these positions, according to the memorandum, Mendez served as the head of the School of Educational Studies in the College of Education at Oklahoma State University.

gired

Congratulations on getting appointed as a dean. I hope that you will work hard to upgrade the education quality and hopefully we will not have to use https://www.essaywritingnz.com/ for essay writingnz to reduce our assignment load. He has some good resume and has good experience up his sleeve.