Innovation Hub provides space for businesses, students

The graduation ceremony for the 2018-2019 Accelerator graduates will take place from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. on June 12 at the Innovation Hub, and the ribbon-cutting ceremony for new participants will take place at 4 p.m. following the graduation.

As entrepreneurship advances, the Texas Tech Innovation Hub at Research Park is honoring startups that have grown and supporting those taking their first steps.

The Innovation Hub’s Accelerator program is a way the facility supports developing startups, according to a Tech news release. Five businesses are graduating from the one-year program, while seven businesses will join for 2019 to 2020.

Program participants, which consists of local entrepreneurs wanting to develop their startup or innovations, are supported in their entrepreneurial endeavors, according to the news release. The program, which requires participants to apply, provides each startup with a $25,000 seed grant.

Accelerator, according to the news release, will give participants the opportunity to learn the Lean Launch program, utilize workspaces in the Innovation Hub’s Base Camp and work with mentors of the Innovate Texas Tech Mentor Program.

The graduating 2018-2019 Accelerator businesses will conduct their graduation presentations from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. on June 12 at the Innovation Hub located at 3911 4th St., according to the news release. The new Accelerator participants will discuss their startups and be honored during a Lubbock Chamber of Commerce ribbon-cutting ceremony, which will consist of Lubbock Mayor Dan Pope and members of the Tech community, at 4 p.m. following the graduation presentations.

The 2018-2019 graduating class consists of startups including Hangio, Lightning Import, Nemalife, iNoon and Baonano, according to the news release. The new Accelerator class consists of startups including Envirostatus, Genisys Global, InOut Biome, Little Luminary, Performance Engineering, PomBox and VxMed.